History

“Waterford”
The name “Waterford” is translated to water crossing.  Halifax Harbour is famous for trade and navy crossings.  The location also could have been a prefect fortress, as Halifax was originally riddled with fortresses around the edges of the peninsula the Citadel was the main fort protecting the port. Waterford Suites is located one block from Halifax Harbour’s edge at an elevation of approximately 45’ above sea level. The rooftop post has a perfect view of the mouth of the Harbour, the historic George’s Island and McNab’s Island.
The suite names are actually named after various islands that are in the Halifax Harbour.  We thought this would be appropriate as over 2/3s of the building has views of the Harbour.
The Location:  1343 Hollis Street
1865   to 1900’s    Residential dwellings and wagon shops 1900’s to 1940’s    Allied Merchants Seamen’s Club 1904’s to 1960’s    Navy League Seamen’s Club 1967   to 1996      Nova Scotia Liquor Store 1996   to 2000      Vacant building 2000   to 2001      Construction of Waterford Suites 2001   to present  Waterford Suites

Request Information

×
×
For a better view, switch to landscape mode on your device.